A wine room or custom wine cellar is a must for avid collectors in Vancouver Canada, and commercial dining establishment’s wine display and storage needs, or just those that keep a large amount of wine on hand.
Convert a small pantry or under utilized space or build a large wine room. Wine cellars can be built in a wide range of sizes, constructed from kit (modular) wine racks or fully customized and fit various budgets and display preferences.
Choose from 2 Main Wine Cellar Solutions:
Modular Wine Cellars
- Less expensive than a custom wine cellar solution
- Multiple modules to choose from in varying widths, full or half height or even curved corners
- Choose from a variety of wood species
- Stained racking available
- Assembly and installation available in the metro Vancouver area – or follow the instructions and assemble yourself.
Custom Wine Cellars
- Fit the dimensions of your wine room perfectly – including nooks and crannys, vaulted ceilings or scribing around features such as rock
- Almost anything goes in terms of design
- Add stain and/or lacquer
- Choose almost any wood (we’ll make appropriate recommendations for wine storage purposes)
- Installation available in the Metro Vancouver area. If outside of this area, please contact us to discuss.
A Little More about Custom Wine Cellars
Installing a custom wine cellar is not always an easy thing to do and should not be underestimated, but the benefits and end result are well worth it.
Do you know:
- The building codes for wine cellars in your area?
- That both temperature and humidity are equally important factors required in the preservation of wine, and that you need to plan for both?
- How bottle size is going to impact your cellar configuration?
- Dedicated wine rooms need specialist construction and design to avoid mold and inefficiency issues
- Generalized local builders are not the same as specialist wine cellar builders
- If you are using a local builder, make sure they know the proper materials and understand the correct construction processes for wine cellar construction
Those are just some of the important questions you need to ask yourself before embarking on your wine cellar journey. Blue Grouse Wine Cellars, based in Vancouver, and servicing many surrounding areas can help. We are happy just to answers your questions or recommend local contractors experienced in wine room construction if you are beyond our service areas. Call Blue Grouse Wine Cellars +1 (888) 400-2675 and start your project today!
You can also watch our “how to build a wine cellar” video tutorial.
From planning to installation, maintenance to pure enjoyment, enlist us to help you every step of the way.
Choose Blue Grouse Wine Cellars for your custom installation and you’ll get:
- Our unique solutions approach so you’ll get the RIGHT wine cellar for you.
- Quality time with an experienced wine cellar professional to bounce your ideas off of. Nothing is impossible.
- Our vast knowledge of building materials.
- Our superior craftsmanship when we install your cellar.
- Our accountability. That means we’ll start on time, and finish when we say we will.
- Configuration ideas to ensure you have the most stunning wine cellar for your space.
Need help filling your new cellar and live in the Vancouver area? We recommend Wine Stain Club, a local consulting and wine sales business, specializing in estate wines.
Regular Service Areas for Wine Cellar Construction include:
Vancouver British Columbia Canada, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, White Rock, Richmond, Coquitlam, Burnaby, British Columbia Surrey, New Westminster, Abbotsford & Tsawaasen